Contact Menu

Giving up for adoption

I Gave Up My Baby For Adoption. Can I Get The Baby Back?

It depends on the state in which the adoption agency or adoption attorney files the adoption and what the birth mother signed allowing the child to be placed for adoption. If the birth mother signed a consent to adoption in Indiana, Indiana law does not allow a birth parent the right to change the right to change their mind and get the child back. Most Indiana adoption agencies and Indiana adoption attorneys, Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C. (“Kirsh & Kirsh”), included, will have the birth mother confirm her consent to adoption for the court. If a birth mother confirms her consent to adoption for the judge, Indiana Adoption statutes do not provide a way to withdraw her consent to adoption and get the baby back. If she has not confirmed her consent to adoption for the judge, a birth mother could, within 30 days of signing the consent, file a motion with the court, ask the court for a hearing, and, at that hearing attempt to prove the child’s best interests dictate that the court allow her to withdraw her consent. Kirsh & Kirsh has facilitated many newborn adoptions. Rarely, has a birth mother tried to withdraw her consent, largely because Kirsh & Kirsh does not pressure women to consent to the adoption and gives them plenty of opportunity not to sign the consent to adoption, up to and including during the consent to adoption signing.

We have over the 35+ years of experience arranging adoptions in Indiana and have assisted numerous birth mothers with their adoption plans. Below will be information about how to contact us. We will answer your questions and provide you the information you seek, without cost or obligation on your part. In other words, talking to us costs you nothing nor does it mean you ever have to talk or text with us, again. We can assist you with an Indiana adoption no matter whether you live in Ft. Wayne or Evansville, Clarksville or Gary, South Bend or Jasper, or any Indiana county or city in between.
We have lots of wonderful, carefully screened, loving families (married, single, Lesbian, and Gay) who cannot wait to welcome a baby into their hearts and homes and are happy to assist with living expenses to the full extent allowed by law.
You can call, text and or email us anytime —call: 317-575-5555, text: 317-721-2030, email:, or Facebook message: We answer our office phone 24 hours a day, every single day. We try to respond to emails and text messages within minutes of receipt.

POSITIVE ADOPTION LANGUAGE DISCLAIMER: Please understand that these blog posts are written in a way to use language that people use when searching for help with their adoption plans. Unfortunately, while all of us understand what positive adoption language means, most expectant moms that come to us at first do not understand what that means. The most common search term on the Internet for expectant moms is “how do I give up my baby for adoption”. If we do not include those words in our blog posts, and instead put “how do I create an adoption plan for my baby” then our website will not show up in most expectant mom’s search results in Google.

, , , , , , , , , , ,