Contact Menu

how to adopt out my baby

Do I have to Contact an Out of State Adoption Agency to have my baby Adopted out by families living in another state?

If you are pregnant and thinking of placing your child for adoption or making an adoption plan for your recently born baby, you have the option to place your child in the same state as yours or with families living in a different city. Indiana Adoption Law Firm of Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C., can assist you no matter what you decide.

We can provide you profiles of prospective adoptive parents who live nearby or one who lives in another city /state, without you having to contact an out-of-state adoption agency directly. Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C., represents carefully screened, thoroughly investigated, loving prospective adoptive parents from all over the country.

In fact, under Indiana adoption law (Indiana Code § 35-46-1-22), it is a crime in Indiana for an adoption agency or adoption attorney who is not licensed in Indiana to provide “adoption services” to an expectant mother or birth mother in Indiana. The primary reason for the law is that out of state adoption agencies, and attorneys are not as familiar with Indiana Adoption Law as attorneys and adoption agencies licensed in Indiana.

If you would like more information about adoption, please contact Adoption Attorneys Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C.